Monday, August 22, 2011

FWQAL train - I am jumping on board

So I have finally caved in! After finishing the piecing on the Japanese x and + blocks, some would say there was scraps covering every flat surface in the house! But that statement is being denied, I say there were scraps covering my sewing table, the lounge in the family room, where my sewing machine is, there  may have been a few scraps on the floor after a recently completed sewing frenzy...you girls know what I mean...right?

Anyway you gotta use up those scraps...so what better than a project that has 111 blocks...the Farmers Wife Quilt-along...fanfare...so I have kicked off with the first eight blocks...








So they looking all very pretty...maybe I will make more...but will I make another 103..mmm...

The idea of this quilt-a-long is to do two blocks a week, the rest of the girls are up to week 12, so that's 24 blocks, I have a little catching up to do, but I am not too worried about that...I might not do all the blocks, I figured I would keep on making the blocks till I felt it was time to move on.

There are over 800 members in the Flickr group, so there is plenty of inspiration and chatter over the blocks! Are you going to get on board? Or are you already there?


1 comment:

  1. Your blocks look great, I love all the fabric and colour combinations you have in these. I'm not getting on board, I don't have the patience to piece those teeny tiny bits.

    ReplyDelete