Sunday, July 10, 2011

Quilting Jail!!

Sigh...sometimes when a commitment has been made, you just got to put on your big girl panties and deliver the goods!

So this week I have been in Quilting Jail,  working on my three quilts that have to be ready for a guild exhibition in two weeks time, and I am very pleased to report that today I have finished all my quilting! (Applause now)


Next, will be a week of Binding Jail....nothing else but binding! I am getting good at it, having just finished my sister's monster "Home Sweet Home" house warming gift...which has now morphed into a wedding present! 412 inches of binding!! (More applause here)




Speaking of my sister's wedding which is now in 11 days (OMG I just had a panic attack!), I was released last weekend from Quilt Jail for three hours to go and make origami hearts...150 origami hearts...(applause and may be a few whistles)...


We did this with my daughter, Mum, the mother in law to be, and one of the bridesmaids...it was good fun, made nicer by the fabulous Japanese origami paper...now if this was fabric my credit card would be in trouble! Wish I could say these were fabric covered paper hexagons!



So what's else is happening? This week, Mum and I are trimming 15 table runners (don't ask), and I am organising the Hen's Party for about 30 (sigh), and my not so little girl turns 11 years old...but the most exciting news is, I have now started two weeks leave, so I think I can keep all the balls in air! And who knows I might even have some fun!

Hope you all have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I so know what you mean by quilting jail! I have been in it for about a week now. Doing a custom quilt for a customer who needs this quilt back to hang in a gallery exhibition. Talk about nerves. When I first saw the stack of origami hearts, I thought wow, those are beautifully paper pieced the English way... but then I thought, how on earth would they join together. I, like you, would love them to be fabric and hexies!! You will keep all the balls in the air, I just know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post today. Keep smiling and the world smiles with you. Old song but sounds good today. After all this excitement - just think - you will be able to start something new in just 14 more sleeps!

    ReplyDelete