Tuesday, April 26, 2011

It's big...really big...UFO Update 3

I have just finished the top of another UFO...its been sitting in the cupboard for two years....and it is such a basic quilt to sew. I think I must have got deterred by the size! It's 103" square, and I have decided to give it to my sister as a house warming present. She moves in to her first home, as a joint owner, with her fiance later in May.


I have used Amy Butler's MidWest Modern fabric range, and based the quilt layout on a pattern in the first Material Obsession book.


Hopefully I will get the back made up soon so I can get the quilt off to Bold Quilting, because we all know how long it takes to bind 412 inches!

The jelly roll quilt is back, and looks great, the binding has been machined on. That quilt was for my niece in Brisbane, and Mum very kindly offered to stitch the binding down for me, but I didn't have time to take a  photo...I will be Brisbane this weekend for my brother's wedding so hopefully I will get a shot of the quilt then.

Hope you all had a great easter...and enjoyed the chocolates!

No comments:

Post a Comment