Sunday, December 18, 2011

Bits and Pieces

Gosh...I am a bit over being busy all the time! I have had only had bits and pieces of time to do sewing this month....but the good news is I start 5 weeks of holidays next Thursday...whoop whoop whoop...break out the bubbly :)

So this month...my 15 Minutes Play swap quilt  was finished and mailed to Terry...


...who also happened to be my swap partner to make me something. She made me this lovely little mini quilt with retro fabrics from when she first moved to Oz in the 70's, plus she had researched me and saw I liked text fabrics and sent me a lovely little collection, plus some thread and invisible ink pen! I felt very spoilt when I opened my parcel! Check out her blog @ Terry's New Thread



I did some air travel with hubby this month, when you live in Darwin every other capital city is Australia is a minimum 4 hours away, so I was able to finish these fun little hearts which are part of the Lynette Anderson Scandinavian Christmas I started earlier this year...this project is going to a real slow boiler...but not everything has to be finished a weekend...right? Who does that anyway??



And I also did my pink scrap baskets...


Not sure how the pink scrap quilt will end up, I think it is good to let a quilt evolve sometimes, and let the creative genie out of the bottle!


Seven sleeps to go 'til the big day, we are having a nice family Christmas at my place...there will be 14 for lunch. We will be missing my younger brother and his family, as they live in Brisbane, but we were all together last year, so we can't be greedy and be together every year!

Off to write more lists...can you drink champagne and plan at the same time...might be a bit early for champers, perhaps I will eat chocolate santas and write lists!

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Stacey
    Glad to see your focusing on the important things in life lie bubbles, santas, and stitching.
    Your lovely little quilt is hanging up in the dinning area and will be part of the christmas here.
    My Grand daughter was very taken with all the strippy pieces and words. Approved.

    I have been following the weather forcasts. Stock up and I hope it is a safe and Happy time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your BOM blocks!!! Keep going!! Happy new year!! Your goodies look great too!

    ReplyDelete