Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Scrappy Weekend

It all started when My Polka Dot Tree came home this weekend after being in a suitcase exhibition....


and I remembered I had a bag of selvages stuffed away some where in the scrap box....my job for weekend was to make up a 12x12 mini quilt for a swap over at Bumble Beans, to send to my secret partner by 26th November...(yikes now only 4 days away!)

But it's all good, I am almost ready...so I pulled out all those silly little scraps...you know the ones you agonise over whether you keep or throw! Kept the green ones out...and stuffed the rest back into the bag....then I pulled out my selvages...sob...hard to part with...and had some fun...

I built the background with the selvages layering, and stitching them on over the wadding and backing...kind of like quilt as you go! Then I sewed up all the silly little scraps, and made a christmas tree template.....and ta dah...mini quilt...


The tree was fused on with fusible webbing, and zig zagged on...I had so much fun...I made two!


Just the binding to go!

1 comment:

  1. Lucky person who gets this. I asked for Winter, so don't think it will be for me, sadly.
    Love your polka dot tree with the free leaves.

    ReplyDelete