Friday, April 22, 2011

Its a Girl...quilt

Finally finished the binding on this quilt, its not massive but its big enough at 70 x 70 inches, so plugging away at the binding at night all takes time. Now doesn't this quilt have some zing too it?

I have used Paula Prass's Flora and Fauna range which I love, and a pattern from February 2010 American Patchwork and Quilting - Not quite cubes by Prints Charming.


The main body of the quilt actually came together in a weekend, and then I "pfaffed" about with the borders for a couple of weekends after that, and it has sat in the cupboard for a shameful 12 months + waiting for me to put my daughters initial in the corner...


On the back I have used up a lot of the left over scraps, and bits of pieces from the stash...


and of course a pillow for reading in bed!


And just for fun I am going to enter the pillow into the pillow competition over at Stitched in Color.

Blogger's Pillow Party

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I love that quilt - what a pretty design and great use of color. Thanks for joining in on the Pillow Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt and pillow combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stacy, I found your pillow at flicker and think its beautiful. May I invite you to link it to my "pillow talk" at my blog. It would be a very welcome and inspiring entry and there is even something to win. It doesn't matter if it is not from September. I would appreciate it!
    http://farbstoff-bridge.blogspot.com/p/pillow-talk.html
    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete