Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Polka Dot Tree

Remember my scrappy polka dot tree cushion in my second post, well I entered that into the Sew Mama Sew Pillow competition....and it made it into the top 20 out of hundreds of entries across the U.S. Quite funny especially since my photos are still of bad quality!

I am trying out my daughter's camera this time to see if it makes any difference.

Inspired by my afore mentioned success...the local quilting club...Darwin Patchworkers and Quilters...were holding a challenge...to enter club member had to design an A3 size quilt that meets the criteria of "Once in a Lifetime", so I thought another polka dot tree might be called for. This time I thought I would use up some of my selvages to make the background (this is the once in a lifetime part!)

Don't get me wrong...selvage quilts are gorgeous but I have a cupboard full of beautiful fabric that is screaming to be released into a quilt!

I had a bit of fun with this and made 3D leaves using my pinking shears (first time I had used them!) and outlined my visaflexed tree with black thread.


Just got to add the label and then it's all done! I think I might call it...."In FabricLand"

1 comment: