Friday, June 24, 2011

Bird Watching - Mini Quilt

Since finishing my So Tweet, there has been an itch in my fingers to do another mini quilt using my green and brown scraps...well it's my mother-in-law's birthday tomorrow, and she loves to spend time outside in her garden, sitting and watching birds, whilst having a cup of tea.

So obviously what she needed was a mini quilt called "Bird Watching", that could be used as a little placemat at morning tea time!


The feature birdie is a scrap of an older Joel Dewberry home decor range....and I just love the orange shot cotton...it adds a bit of spice.



Happy Birthday Jo! Enjoy the birds :)

6 comments:

  1. She will love it!! It is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still loving "So Tweet" which I was lucky enough to receive in the mini-quilt swap. Everyone who has seen it thinks it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely gift. Great fabric choice and I love the wondiness of it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this quilt and also love those X and + blocks in your flickr photostream :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love birds love the quiltlet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely little mini quilt!

    ReplyDelete