Sunday, March 4, 2012

Red and White Folly

Back in January, when I was on my 5 week break, I had this great idea to take part in a new quilt-a-long, the Just Takes 2 quilt a-long, and as the name suggests, the idea is to make a quilt with just two colours, so I choose red and white....and every two weeks from the 1st of January,  a set of blocks would be published, the first set was six blocks, the second set was 5 blocks, the third was 2 blocks, the fourth was 5, and the fifth set was 4...so that's 22 in total ...so why have I only got 7 done?

Mmmm, that's an F for keeping up, but never mind, I am very happy with what I have done....


Yes, that's needle turn applique!! This block is 7.5" I am loving the Annie's Farm Stand print in this :)




 These four are all 6.5"

This one is 10"


This last one is 12.5"


So the blocks are all different sizes, it will be really interesting to see how they all go together! I must get back to this, but I have been distracted by all those Daisy Mae fabrics, I bought last weekend! More about those next time!

2 comments:

  1. I really like your patchwork blocks. (red being a favourite colour) It's going to look stunning all made up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your red and white blocks! Popped by as part of the Lily's Quilt blog link.

    Looking forward to following your blog and hope you will follow mine, too!\

    Joan www.caliquilter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete