Friday, March 23, 2012

Echino Star

I have been reflecting lately about when does a Work-in-Progress project become a UnFinished Object? As I have so many unfinished projects around...just quietly... it gets me down from time to time, and I have to given myself a good talking too!! I do love the creating side of quilting, pulling all those yummy fabrics and playing around with quilt designs.

So to head off the "UFO Blues" I have decided to have April as an UFO month...it worked quite well for me last April, to have a big push to get quilts finished, as there are several public holidays in April.

This lovely Echino Star quilt falls in the UFO category, the top has been finished for TWO years waiting for me to hand quilt it with perl thread....


Yes, it would look lovely with perl thread, but come on, after two years I haven't done it...and there are sooo many other things I want to do... I have decided to get this quilted by our local long arm quilter. And besides,  I have a new lounge this quilt is going to look great on.

Can't believe it has taken me so long to make that decision, it really is a no brainer!! How fab are these fabrics...love the owl...


love the piggies...


Now to sew up the backing and choose the next quilt to work on!


Happy weekend sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Makes me want to go buy more echino and create another WIP/UFO for myself. I like the April idea, but it might have to be a summer month for me. This quilt is lovely.

    ReplyDelete