Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012 at a glance

This year I have had a lot of fun with a lot of different fabrics, I think my favourite thing to work on was the Soul Searching quilt....but boy did I make mess with getting all those fabrics out the cupboard!



My stretch project is definitely Mrs Billings, all those little pieces, and all that hand sewing :)



 but I do enjoy challenging myself with odd fabrics like the Brendan Mably Regency Dapple.




The laugh of the year was this photo of my Crossed Block quilt getting onto Flickr Explore...I had so many nice comments on what a great photo this was...but it really was what I always do....try and find somewhere big enough to hang a quilt.



The adventure of the year was of course my trip to Houston with my mum, but it wasn't all quilts, we managed to do some sight seeing too....yes that is THE Liberty Bell.


Next year is going to be a year of finishes, as the local guild has it's exhibition coming up in September,  I am trying decided which quilt will I quilt to put in the exhibition....or maybe I will do two ;)

In preparation for the "big sew", one of the ladies from the guild is looking to sell her Janome 7700, she has kindly lent it to me for the holidays so I can play on it...moving away from the Bernina is a big decision!

Also I have recently kitted out my sewing space with a new bookshelf which is helping me be a bit more organised, 'cos that's my goal for 2013....ORGANISATION

Yeah it's never going happen...but everyone has to start the New Year with a goal or two, so more organisation is one of mine for 2013 !

So good bye 2012.....and hello 2013...let's make some great quilts in the new year!



 1. Prints Charming scrap pillow, 2. Pink Scraps, 3. Regal Dapple, 4. Block-a-Palooza angle, 5. Orange Sunburst Fun, 6. Purple Soul Searching, 7. Crossed Block quilt, 8. Vintage Holiday....getting there, 9. block 9 Blogger's BOM

Happy New Year :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you. I hope you can achieve some of your plans for the coming year. I will be trying hard to complete some long term projects myself as we'll as getting side tracked. There is so much beautiful fabric out there ( and in my cupboard),

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to see all your wonderful projects. Wishing you a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete