Sunday, January 8, 2012

Tangerine Tango!

Did you know that Tangerine Tango has been declared "Colour of theYear" by Pantone. Check it out, its a fabulous red orange. It has taken me a little while to warm to the theme, but it is a hot colour! (Sorry, nerdy colour joke).

Firstly, this is how much I know about colour, I had heard of Pantone, but I didn't know there was a "Colour of the Year", such a big call don't you think? And Tangerine Tango, what a fabulous name, it conjures up exotic thoughts of Spanish dancing, tropical fruits, sunsets, and cocktails.

I started thinking, I don't have much orange in the stash, but then I remembered that I had bought this fabulous fabric before Christmas....


And also these...



And then I also remembered these...


These vibrant fabrics are by Prints Charming, which are designed in Australia by two talented ladies in Sydney. Last year, they were moving premises, and had bagged up a heap of scraps and off cuts, and I decided to buy some....

Now I had let the colour genie out of the bottle I had to do something with some of these fabulous fabrics...how about a big 24" floor pillow?


Very yummy...I think...


Using the Orange spot on the back and quilted in orange...

Do you like the thread? It came from here...


My Mummy bought it for my birffday...yes it's today....I am now officially closer to 50 than 40 :(

But I am happy...checkout these threads...


They are a 30 weight, and the orange looks great in this shot....channeling Red Pepper Quilts with this shot!


I can't finish the pillow today because I haven't got a zipper...hate it when that happens, but I have to run I am being taken out to dinner by my lovely family, so gotta dash....happy sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I love your blog! Any chance you could tell me the name of that stunning hexagon fabric in the second picture? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete