Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tropical Run up to Christmas!

Yes, it's getting very tropical here in Darwin, Australia....loads of humidity and high temperatures...my new lounge room aircon is getting a good work out!


I have been having some success with getting projects done...my christmas checkerboard is quilted and looking nice and flat!






My garden is putting on a show, getting ready for the festive season!


Poinciana Tree


Double Hibiscus


Elephant Ear


Purdy Frangipani

Now don't go thinking I am some sort of gardener...I am too busy sewing...but luckily these plants grow like weeds here, and I enjoy them all the more for having put no effort into them...aren't they the best sort of plants!!


One Christmas project done....off to organise the Angels....Tammis Angels!

3 comments:

  1. You are organized, love the fabric choices in your project. It's getting warm here too, I think spring has disappeared already. At least the humidity isn't too bad yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love your checkerboard! Such great Christmas colours...nothing beats traditional red and green :)

    ReplyDelete