The last block is done! This is the block that was lost but now is found! I turned the house upside for six months looking for this...and I found it in a drawer in my daughter's room when I was doing a clean up at Easter...I suspect a male might be involved, because I wouldn't have put it there! But I have no proof so I will only voice my suspicious here!!
I had said in an earlier post that I had started this BOM at the start of 2010, and I have realised that is WRONG, it was actually the beginning of 2009 that I enrolled myself into the BOM program with Material Obession. Where has the time gone!
My aim with taking on this BOM was to get better at hand piecing and applique. The earlier blocks are a bit rough so I think I have improved. The other stretch with taking on this project was to use a different palette of colours.
This BOM lets you choose between a Pretty or Contemporary colour range, I decided to go with the more challenging (for me) colour palette of Contemporary. I have mosiac'd all of the blocks (using BigHugeLabs) to show off all of the blocks, and the different fabrics that were used.
1. Whirly Gig, 2. Radiating Star, 3. Blazing Sun, 4. Arrowhead, 5. Pot of Flowers, 6. Prickly Pear, 7. Queen of the May, 8. Carpenters Wheel, 9. Wheel
I have also added the photos into Flickr if you wanted to have a closer look. So what's next for this BOM. Each of the blocks has a strippy setting. I am not sure when I will get to do that as I have two quilts that need quilting for a local quilt exhibition at the beginning of August, but I am feeling very motivated at the moment to get this quilt top finished...so we will have to see.
Have a great weekend.